Ms Boland,
Thank you for applying to (insert countless number of positions). While we were thoroughly impressed with your qualifications (not impressed enough) we have chosen to pursue other (better, smarter, more well connected) candidates at this time. We will keep your resume on file should future openings be a match to your qualifications.
Sound farmiliar. The generic, insultingly complimentary thanks but no email. I don't get it. Perhaps it is because I grew in the heart of the "everyones a winner age." Where seventh place ribbons were celebrated. Where the A, B, and C teams were being replaced with "all equal" teams as to not hurt feelings. Where it was success was measured and found in every inch or crack in the pavement as to boost the self esteem of every child. So why I am not the CEO of a company now...humf.
But really though. I am an honor student. I had a good internship. I have a good job, that I just happen to hate. All of the advice that keeps being shelled out to make me feel better about my situation is wearing thin. Will I work for (insert unnamed retailer name) forever???
Disclaimer***Part of being from this generation also includes incessant drama as well.
A little about me. I am a twenty something young professional. I suppose you got that from the title. I moved away from my midwestern roots to the fast paced east coast livestyle about five months ago. And seeing as I have not been able to find my dream job (or even a shadow of such) yet, I spend my day A. wishing it would fall into my lap, B. trying to get my life together in a way that I thought it would already be by now, and C. living it to the fullest.
Here is a taste of what I have done since I have been out here.
Skydiving groupon adventure. One off of the bucket list.
Bought most adorable kitten of all times. Meet Duncan.
Explore Boston at all times.
Xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment